Scientist 2, Genetic Therapy Research
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Looking for a highly motivated team member with experience in gene therapy vector design, production, and analytics to be a key contributor in the Genetics Research and Delivery Group. Incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the design, production, purification, and analytical activities in support of research grade vector production and to partner with Research and Process Sciences to build effective CMC strategies for gene therapy candidates.
- Operational oversight of the Production, Purification, and Analytical teams to support timely delivery of research grade gene therapy vectors (AAV, non-viral) for early stage research projects.
- Support design, performance and evaluation of experiments to develop robust unit operations using DoE, multivariate analysis, and other statistical tools.
- Support cell and vector design and engineering activities for novel gene therapy modalities.
- Support the investigation and evaluation of novel and innovative technologies for improving production, purification, and analysis of gene therapy vectors.
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biochemistry, or a related field with 2-5 years of relevant experience, Master’s degree with 6-8 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- A strong understanding of methodologies for AAV production and analytical characterization.
- Demonstrated experience developing successful production, harvest, filtration, chromatography and other AAV unit operations.
- Hands-on experience with AAV production in adherent and suspension systems, purification and polishing using chromatography, and AAV analytics is preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment overseeing research grade AAV production is required.
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines
- PhD or equivalent relevant experience, plus 0-2+ years industry experience
Scientist 2 :
- PhD or equivalent relevant experience plus 2-5+ years industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.