Diagnostics Project Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Diagnostics Project LeaderLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Diagnostics Project Manager (Dx PM), based out of our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA supports cross-functional development and commercialization activities for Diagnostics that are supporting pipeline or inline products at Amgen. The Dx PM will report to the Director, Clinical Biomarkers and Diagnostics. In this vital you will work with the Diagnostic Development Team (DxDT) and the Diagnostic Launch Team (DxLT) to support the development and implementation of high quality, global, integrated cross-functional diagnostic project plans for one or more products in support of the overall program strategy. These teams work with Amgen Product Development teams and Diagnostic companies to support the timelines and results for the programs.The Diagnostic Project Manager is specifically responsible for:
- Working with the DxDT / DxLT Leads, identifies key Dx deliverables for each function and their inter-dependencies
- Drives planning for diagnostic development and commercialization activities that support key drug development stage-gate decision points (e.g., First in Human, End of Phase 2, Filing, and Launch)
- Implements standard methodologies and ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Identifies project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution
- Reinforces proper decision making according to Amgens Decision-Making Framework
- Monitors and communicates progress and adherence to timelines
- Facilities resource planning, financial and capacity assessments
- Conducts risk management, contingency and scenario planning using a variety of project management tools
- Assists with the processing of invoices, purchase orders, contracts, statements of work which support Dx development activities
The Dx PM leads DxDT and DxLT team effectiveness by:
Identifying and efficiently resolving issues, facilitating decisions, and tracking action items; appropriate issue escalation
Partners with DxDT or DxLT Leads to develop governance board deliverables and subsequent implementation of decisions
Develops positive relationships with external business partners and strategic alliances
The Dx PM drives effective DxDT and DxLT communication by:
Serves as a single point of contact for cross-functional information (content and quality)
Communicates cross-functional project information at meetings and to other
partners, as appropriate
Ensures alignment of functional and regional issues
Demonstrates strong written / oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadershipWin
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a project manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Project Management experiencePreferred Qualifications:
8+ years industry experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field
4+ years in a diagnostic development Project Management role
Drug and / or Diagnostic Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory
Alliance Management or Business Development experience
Successful track record of implementing Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environmentThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.