Amgen Research and Development IS is looking for a talented Data Engineer with innovated mind, who is curious to learn and able to develop data engineering and data analytics solution in a fast-moving environment. This role will be part of the new technical product team, develop data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load clinical data from various data sources in various data format to enterprise data lake and build both front and back-end tech component using cloud and AI technology to enable advance data analytics across various business functions.
The Data Engineer will be based in Amgens Thousand Oaks location in California.
- Be a key team member in design, development and deployment of the data pipeline for clinical domain dataset
- Design and build various reusable program components using innovative technology (NLP, AI, Python, R etc) to transform and harmonize clinical dataset for insight generation
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to gather the business requirement and translate into Agile product backlog
- Serve as primary data engineer to manage and support AWS, Databricks, and RStudio platform and cloud AI based system production DevOps
- Adhere to best practices for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component
- Able to explore new tools, technologies that will help to streamline data pipeline and add new durable capability for clinical development
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Data Engineering and/or and Software Engineering experience
Associates degree 6 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
High school diploma and 8 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
- Experience with software development (Python, R preferred), end-to-end system design
- Experience with data modeling for both relationship databases, hands-on experience with SQL, preferred PostgreSQL, and Hive SQL
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail oriented
- Hands on support and platform development experience with Databricks and RStudio, Kubenete Container and Hashcore Vault is a plus
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins
- Experience on AWS, familiar with EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Apache Spark
- Experience with UI Visualization technology (Dash, RSConnect, Tableau preferred)
- Experience with Pharmaceutical industry, Clinical trial design and development
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robust Career Profile feature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you click Apply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit our Internal Transfer Guidelines for more detailed information
GCF Level 04
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.