Senior Scientist, DMPK
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build drug discovery programs in diverse disease areas as a DMPK lead on a cross-functional team of experts. Create relationships with internal colleagues and CROs to generate, analyze and interpret in vitro and in vivo DMPK/ADME data of small molecule therapeutics.
- Work flexibly across multiple programs in a range of disease areas and target tissues. Guide programs through lead-optimization and help advance new drug candidates and preclinical programs in our mission to serve patients. Leverage PK/PD relationships and in vitro-in vivo extrapolations (IVIVE) to help further develop programs.
- Learn and show curiosity and openness to new tech in this role. Work with data scientists and engineers towards the creation of innovative, predictive and computational DMPK tools and integrate them with other proprietary machine-learning enabled platforms.
- Collaborate with medicinal chemists, bioanalytical chemists, pharmacologists, biologists and data scientists to contribute to optimization through compound selection and the identification of high-quality development candidates. Coordinate and integrate DMPK/ADME data to present to internal teams and contribute to the ADME section of IND filings.
The Team You’ll Join
This position reports directly to the Director of DMPK to help us expand our portfolio as we guide our programs toward the clinic. If you are passionate about discovering medicines, looking for the opportunity to build data and tools to accelerate drug-discovery, let’s talk.
***This position can be based in either Milpitas, CA or Salt Lake City, UT.***
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. pharmacokinetic/pharmaceutical science or related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience contributing DMPK/ADME data to project teams that enabled decisions OR or MS with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with PK/PD software (e.g., Phoenix WinNonLin) for optimization and selection of development candidates
- Understanding of small molecule drug discovery and experience working in a drug discovery environment, direct experience with CNS targeting desirable
- Experience curating DMPK/ADME data for informatics drug discovery systems desirable
- Ability to articulate scientific data and strategic messages to internal partners and stakeholders
- Explore scientific literature outside of one’s immediate area of expertise and apply this to problem solving
- Experience selecting and managing CROs
- Experience filing IND enabling documents
- Excellent project, time management, problem solving skills and ability to work and lead in a cross-functional setting
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.