Senior Manager, Business Development and Alliance Management
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for an experienced and driven Senior Manager, Business Development and Alliance Management
The Senior Manager, Business Development and Alliance Management reports to the head of the Microfluidics Franchise and will play a critical role in executing Fluidigm’s strategic plan for the creation of durable partnerships that accelerate the growth of a robust diagnostics business.
In addition, the Senior Manager will nurture these relationships and will work with the commercial, research and development, and product management teams to ensure these partnerships are successful.
The Senior Manager will lead external search and evaluation efforts in support of the microfluidics product line for partners in the digital health space including providers, clinical laboratories and biotech companies that can leverage Fluidigm’s microfluidics technologies. Additionally, the director will lead certain alliance management efforts and serve as the primary point of contact for certain partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute a strategy to form partnerships that use our platform technology diagnostics with biotech, pharmaceutical, digital health providers, and clinical laboratories around the world.
- Work with Microfluidics Product Management and R&D to refine the business development strategy as well as identify target companies to pursue partnering opportunities compatible with the company’s strategic vision and corporate strategy
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and communication with partners and internal stakeholders
- Work with a cross-functional team to organize scientific, technical and product due diligence to support potential partnerships and business development discussions
- Lead new alliance launches and manage existing alliances
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of certain alliance contracts and ensure adherence to our obligations; ensure that the internal team is aware of contractual obligations and timelines and monitor performance against terms and conditions
- Ensure that the partner is adhering to their obligations, including generation of scientific data, resourcing, finances, timelines, reports and information-sharing, disclosures and decision-making; serve as first line for conflict resolution and mediation
- The Senior Manager’s decisions will affect Fluidigm’s annual business results, and influence the near and long-term success of the organization.
- The Senior Manager, Business Development will oversee end-to-end execution of initiatives for area of responsibility. The incumbent will also sponsor innovative ideas that integrate expertise with an understanding of Fluidigm’s business and markets.
- Maintains a strong relationships with leaders and executives to collaborate on, and deliver, breakthroughs, innovations and cost-savings.
- Should have at least 8+ years of industry experience.
- BS or MBA (A Ph.D. in a scientific discipline, or a MD or JD is Nice but not required)
- At least 3+ years of business development experience in the medical, clinical diagnostics or biotechnology industries
- Broad knowledge of molecular diagnostics
- Excellent communicator of scientific and complex business topics
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work on multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- A track record of innovation and adaptability
- Ability to travel and attend onsite meetings and scientific conferences (Post Covid-19)
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback.
- Offer very competitive benefits. You will enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, and we offer strong growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture.
- But these matter only if you are excited to take on these challenges with us.
- Come join us. Apply with your resume today.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.