Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Sr. Scientist.
- Serves as a senior-level scientist within a multi-disciplinary team working to create high quality, robust products through the integration of hardware, software, and chemistry components.
- Potential to direct and manage a product development team from concept to launch, defining experimental and analytical objectives, setting expectations, and motivating to deliver agreed upon results.
- Initiates, directs and executes reagent and assay development projects to enable the pipeline of next-generation of research applications for Fluidigm's microfluidics-based platforms.
- Critical reviews of scientific data and the results of experiments for the evaluation of system performance, optimization and design verification, and suggest creative solutions to system-level issues
- Drives innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensures consistent and complaint product development procedures, manages operational budgets, develops resourcing strategies and staffing requirements, and supports new tools for operational efficiency.
- Manages lab-focused research associates
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Education: MS Degree required. A Ph.D preferably in molecular biology or related field is a Big Plus
- At least 6 years in commercial product development and sustaining of molecular biology reagents and applications. qPCR and NGS is a plus.
- At least 1 year of management experience.
- Deep understanding of DNA & RNA biology, proteomics, microbiology, and enzymology of nucleic acids.
- Experience developing reagents, assays and applications with multiple systems solutions e.g., instrument, consumables, software design, reagents, and assays. Experience developing assays on microfluidic platforms is strongly preferred.
- Proven track record in hypothesis based experimental design, process and or workflow implementation, troubleshooting, and data analysis of new product development.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully work across multiple disciplines such as engineering, software, manufacturing and quality system.
- Experience with transfer of new products to manufacturing and/or QC.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ISO regulatory requirements including product development under a phase-gate review process.
- Accomplishment driven – possesses a drive to get things done by working with teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Leadership skills – hands-on, trustworthy, honest, open communicator.
- Collaboration – effective relationship-building skills, especially across functions.
- Customer-oriented view – understands that robust products and a positive customer experience is of paramount importance to product development.
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health?
Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.