Senior Product Manager, Consumer Gene Therapy
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Senior Product Manager for Gene Therapy will lead the brand’s patient marketing strategy and execution plan for EtranaDez, a potential new gene therapy for people with Hemophilia B. This individual will drive launch brand planning and early adoption by leading insight driven marketing recommendations and execution focused on patient education, support and ultimate treatment decisions. Key to this role is leading cross functional support team members in managing and executing a multi-channel promotional program, including significant engagement with patient services, patient engagement and the field sales organization. As part of the patient marketing strategy, this individual will have responsibility for leading the development and management of a CRM strategy and plan to engage and support the patient along their patient journey. As EtranaDez may be the first gene therapy in Hemophilia, this role will be required to develop a deep understanding of the evolving patient journey, educational and support needs of the patient, engagement opportunities with Patient Advocacy Groups, and optimization of CSL resources in a complaint manner to support and guide the patient around this new treatment option. The SPM will identify required market research and analytics to drive key insights and customer driven decisions for the brand This role requires the marketer to manage and execute on multiple initiatives at once and will require strategic thinking, leadership, collaboration, data analytics and tracking, and the ability to serve as a true champion for the patient. This role also includes responsibilities for supporting annual brand planning, agency management, supporting scientific & patient meetings and budget management.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reporting to the Marketing Director for GT, the individual will develop and execute the annual strategic and marketing plan for the hemophilia B patient segment for EtranaDez, with input and support from cross-functional teams, external partners and customers.
- Develop and execute an efficient and effective multi-channel promotional program for EtranaDez including digital, website, mobile, email/CRM and point of care.
- Develop and advance an optimized CRM strategy and content development in a manner that integrates the totality of the patient journey to ensure the best possible personalized patient experience.
- Identify opportunities to drive opt-ins, optimize patient access and retain patients through technology improvements, strategic partnerships, or program enhancements.
- Develop and track the measurement of key metrics for the media mix, consumer engagement, channel effectiveness, and brand performance while linking to script lift and the broader success metrics of the brand.
- Provide direction to agency and vendor partners to ensure quality and timely completion of deliverable or services
- Build effective working relationships with key internal and external customers, including cross functional partners, thought leaders and patient advocacy groups.
- Brand team lead for patient services/adherence activities including EtranaDez support operations, patient assistance programs, co-pay support programs and reimbursement support.
- Partner with Patient Services and field sales organization to optimize the patient access program based on direct customer feedback and operational needs.
- Manage the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and approval of new materials to enable responsible and compliant consumer communications.
- Manage budgets and closely monitor performance, ensuring cost-effective delivery of all programs.
Bachelors' degree in life sciences or healthcare discipline; MBA preferred
• 7+ years' healthcare experience with 5+ years' commercial marketing experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry
• Experience in a range of R&D, sales, marketing and business development roles
• Experience applying market research with an understanding of relevant pharmaceutical marketing tools effective within the respective region
Strong marketing acumen with a solid grasp of marketing strategy, market research, segmentation, brand positioning, and tactical plan development.
Experience developing and executing a wide range of successful online and offline tactics, including digital, print, video, and CRM.
Exhibiting passion and empathy to build meaningful experiences with consumers by understanding their needs and desires.
Experience marketing directly to consumers/patients.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.