HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will provide financial analysis services to the commercial teams driving insightful, timely and efficient product level financial decision making and resource allocation. You will prepare long-range plans, annual budgets, strategic assessments, investment analysis, forecasts and/or review actual results of operations compared to forecasts. You will identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and cost savings within the functional area, present those opportunities to senior managers, and assist in implementing them.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand and apply various principles and possess a deep knowledge of Amgen processes to solve a wide range of challenges, raise business issues, identify and implement process improvement opportunities, create partnership opportunities and execute short and long-term organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, understand and communicate cost variance drivers, and establish effective working relationships. Foster deep partnership between the commercial and finance teams.
- Lead financial expense planning processes for $2B of operating expenses for the Annual Budget, Quarterly Forecasts, and Long-Range Plan
- Support the quarterly accounting close process for the US regional operating expenses
- Prepare and present operating expense plans and results for various business partners in the US region, including functional and brand management
- Complete management/project reports, variance analysis, and present results and recommendations to Senior Management.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The skilled professional we seek is a dynamic person with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree Or
- Masters degree & 2 years of experience directly related to the job Or
- Bachelors degree & 2 years of experience directly related to the job Or
- Associate degree & 10 years of experience directly related to the job Or
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of experience directly related to the job
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or related field of study, with an MBA or CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of financial accounting/analysis experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to analyze data and present results to senior management in a professional, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Solid technical finance skills and overall working knowledge of financial systems and tolls including Hyperion and SAP applications, and Proficiency in Excel a must.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.