Senior Associate IS Business Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will support the Digital Workplace Governance team. The Customer Care & Experience team at Amgen focused on advancing capabilities which improve the experience of internal Amgen customer (workforce). Within Customer Care & Experience, the Digital Workplace Experience team focuses on driving adoption and maximizing business value of deployed End User Technologies. These include synchronous and asynchronous collaboration solutions such as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, and Miro, and devices such as PCs, mobile phones and tablets, and printers. The team consists of cross-disciplinary IS professionals who understand how to deliver services that span operations, engineering, governance, and enablement.
As a Senior Associate IS Business Analyst you will work with the Senior Manager, Information Systems Workplace Governance. you need to be independent with the ability to work closely with multiple internal team members, partnering with vendors, stakeholders, and be proactive in all aspects. He/She will be focused on DWX release coordination, reporting, optimizing licenses and entitlements, and aligning technology roadmaps. in this role you will work closely with workplace services team and ISs Unified Strategy committee to ensure initiatives are prioritized and resourced, and will own and lead the quarterly review process with strategic vendors, ensuring accountability for commitments.
- Extensive Portfolio and Project Management duties
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: Creating Epics, User Stories and create scrum boards as appropriate for internal teams, including updating User Stories and Epics with Agile Teams input
- Participate in the strategy, planning, and execution by directing and coordinating program and project activities. This includes working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure goals are accomplished and drive valuable business outcomes
- Monitoring and optimizing software license usage and entitlements
- Monitoring and holding vendors accountable for overall SLA/KPI commitments
- Lead IS Unified Strategy Governance Process for DWX
- Manage the execution with appropriate portfolio planning, financial, resource, vendor and risk management, using agile approaches for flexible and nimble execution.
- Collecting, aggregating, and synthesizing roadmap changes, benefits, etc.
- Creating and maintaining Digital Workplace services dashboards and reports.
- Creating and publishing digital workplace performance reports
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritizing in a logical manner.
- Adapt, support and contribute to the growth and continuous improvement of the Workplace Governance Team.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral and written across Business and IT.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek has these qualifications.
- Master's degree. Or
- Bachelors degree & 2 years of Information Systems experience. Or
- Associate degree & 6 years of Information Systems experience. OR
- High school diploma & 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Life Sciences
- 2+ years of formal project management support, including end user support experience for a technology company
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; with ability to understand customer needs
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical capability
- Passionate about customer service and how it can transform businesses
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multitask with ease
- Strong Analytics and Reporting skills in Tableau and/or Power BI
- Expert skills IS Service Management (ISM/ITIL)
- Organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work according to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision, as well as work as part of a team
- Vendor management experience is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of portfolio and operations budgeting
- Experience in Agile Board Tools to manage user stories
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.