Principal / Senior Principal Pathologist
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Department of Pathology in Preclinical Safety (PCS) at AbbVie has an opening for a Board-Certified Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist. The successful candidate will have a passion for bringing his/her scientific skills to the discovery and development of new medicines.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Perform evaluation of pathology data sets and generate pathology reports for regulatory toxicity studies intended to support the development new medicines
- Perform pathology peer reviews
- Provide expert scientific leadership in interpretation of pathology data in order to drive appropriate development strategies
- Design and evaluate investigate studies to explore mechanisms of toxicity using appropriate technologies, including molecular, imaging, biomaker and other analyses
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and other relevant documentation
- Possibility to represent PCS on cross-functional project teams
- Possibility to be involved in due diligences for in-licensing opportunities.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or equivalent)
- Board Certification in Anatomic Pathology (ACVP or equivalent)
- Ph.D. in pathology or related scientific discipline is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical industry or contract research organization is a plus
*Job level will be commensurate with experience
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and execute complex strategies
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Ability to be an active participant with leadership skills in multidisciplinary scientific teams
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity and strong commitment to quality.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.