Manager - Program Design
The Manager of Program Design will support the Sales and Program Design teams and partner with site technical and operations teams in acquiring new business for Fujifilm Diosynth. They will support technical discussions with potential clients projecting Fujifilm experience and expertise in microbial, mammalian, and gene therapy. They will author customer-tailored proposals and assist throughout the sales process.
For U.S.-based positions, the job holder will preferably be based within close proximity to a FDB site (RTP, NC, Boston, MA, or College Station, TX). Regular out of hours calls may be required and travel to other FDB sites 3-4x a year is necessary.
The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what FDB call Genki.
This is a global position that will support all four sites (Texas, North Carolina, the U.K. and Denmark). This position can be based at any of our locations around the globe. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based from and considered your home site.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job holder will be responsible for providing support to acquisition of new customers, primarily located in the United States.
- Support the technical aspects of customer meetings and teleconferences
- With direction and support from the Program Design and technical operations teams:
- Review customer RFPs
- Prepare proposals in response to RFPs
- Define program scope, siting/location, timelines, and resources
- Propose program pricing based on internal guidance and pricelists
- As needed, support the overall sales process, including SoW development, Stage Gates, customer meetings and requests
- Assist in the Program Design team's improvement efforts and initiatives
- Aid in Program Design's engagement with the Business Steering Groups (BSGs), commercial, Process Development, and manufacturing teams to refine Fujifilm's technical offering to better match customer requirements
- Attend webinars and conferences to support Fujifilm's technology and commercial advancements, as well as keep up to date with current industry advancements
- A scientific degree or equivalent (e.g. BSc) and possibly also a higher degree (e.g. MSc, PhD) in a relevant biological science field (e.g. cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, virology)
- Understanding of Fujifilm Diosynth's or relevant CDMO business, including process development, scale up, and manufacturing
- Understanding of regulatory environment, process development, and analytical technologies related to mammalian and microbial expression technologies
- 3-5 years of technical experience at Fujifilm, other CDMO, or other applicable role (e.g. supporting the development of biologics/advanced therapy products)
- Experience in at least one of the following: cell-culture-based production, gene therapy, virology, microbial production, purification, or analytical technology
- Excellent written communication skills, accurate and concise and able to strike the balance between sales and technical writing
- The ability to interact with external customers in a professional and personable manner and to present a competent image of Fujifilm at all times
- Understanding of, and experience with cGMP manufacturing a plus
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems and present clear solutions
- Ability to influence customers and colleagues at all levels
- Prior experience within Fujifilm Diosynth a plus but not required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.