Research Associate, Formulation NBPI034
Nitto BioPharma’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation, Nitto BioPharma has created an efficient business unit to enable pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace.
The Research Associate will be responsible for the preparation and characterization of nanoparticle-based formulations. He/She is also responsible for lab maintenance and ordering supplies for the lab. He/She Will be a member of the extended project team and contribute in the lab as well as in technical documentation of activities, both in a notebook and online technical reports.
Major Job Functions
- Preparation of small scale to large scale nanoparticle-based formulations.
- Characterization of formulations by using zetasizer, pH meter.
- Preparation of buffers and stock solutions.
- Ordering chemicals and supplies.
- Shipment of formulations.
- Documentation of all procedures and generation of reports.
- Prepares technical reports.
- Supports the organization in maintaining a safe working environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, and teamwork.
- Sustains knowledge of formulation development.
- Sustains written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface across functional teams.
Education, Licensure and/or Experience
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Pharmacology or related field.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work with various teams.
- Liposomal siRNA/mRNA/miRNA/drug delivery experience.
Physical Job Requirements:
Office/Lab environment. Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Company DescriptionNitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery.