Sr. Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Ribometrix is committed to delivering on the promise of addressing human disease through novel scientific insight into the structure of RNA. Unlike traditional drug discovery methodologies that target the product of RNA (proteins), we believe small molecule therapeutics can be designed to interact with RNA to deliver a meaningful therapeutic benefit to patients living with disease.
We are a team of individuals driven by the spirit of innovation, collaboration, empowerment, and integrity who are committed to the goal of helping patients with our novel therapeutic approach.
If you are looking for an opportunity to pioneer new science, collaborate with great people, and ultimately help those in need, then Ribometrix may be the pace for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry to lead our early stage chemistry at Ribometrix. This position will report to the VP, Drug Discovery and will be responsible for leading chemistry up to the point of hit declaration. Success in this position will require an individual who is comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with a drive to continually improve and execute within projected timelines, and who can collaborate effectively cross functionally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading all chemistry efforts from screening through hit validation. This will include critical evaluation of all screening data, the design and synthesis of compound sets to establish SAR for hit series, and interfacing with Sample Management and Lead Discovery scientists to ensure that high quality, decision-making experiments are conducted and interpreted with maximum efficiency.
- Actively managing contract research organizations (CROs) to expeditiously generate compounds and ADME data to drive programs, tracking progress on workplans and solving synthetic problems as they arise, and advising on appropriate levels of resource allocation across the Ribometrix chemistry portfolio.
- Collaborating with the Sample Management group to ensure that compounds are registered and routed to all appropriate assays and experiments.
- Proactively organizing and communicating early stage portfolio status to the Ribometrix Leadership Team.
- Evaluating and recommending new opportunities for compound collection enhancement and new technologies for screening and determination of target engagement.
- Leading by example to promote our Ribometrix core values: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Empowerment, Resilience, and Fun.
- BS, MS, or PhD in organic/medicinal chemistry with state-of-the-art knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Small molecule drug discovery in an industrial setting – small company/biotech experience preferred. For BS, 18+ years’ experience; for MS, 15+ years’ experience, for PhD, 6+ years’ experience.
- Evidence of driving programs to milestones as a team member – examples include validated hits, leads, or clinical candidates.
- Familiarization with all aspects of medicinal chemistry from hit identification through lead optimization.
- Experience in managing chemistry CROs preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive organizational and communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
- A work ethic, sense of urgency, adaptability, and enthusiasm that will allow the successful candidate to enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced cutting edge research environment.
Ribometrix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the