Director, Clinical Quality Assurance (CONTRACT)
Manager: Sr Vice President, Quality Assurance
Department: R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance
Location: Point Richmond, CA or Brisbane CA or REMOTE
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
The Director, Clinical Quality Assurance (Contract) will be responsible for providing quality oversight for the clinical programs related to the company’s ZFP and cDNA Therapeutic® products, including technology platforms for ZFP genome editing, Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) gene therapy and autologous & allogeneic CAR-Tregs.
The Director, Clinical Quality Assurance (Contract) will work closely with Quality Assurance and Clinical Operations to recommend and lead the implementation of quality initiatives to ensure clinical compliance to FDA and international regulations and guidance, including Good Clinical Practices.
- Manages the internal audit process of Clinical Operations including execution, report writing and CAPA follow-up.
- Manages Deviations related to Clinical Operations including reporting on investigations, clinical impact, and resolution to Senior Management.
- Provides advice and interpretation of regulations and guidelines.
- Participates in the review and approval of clinical trial materials such as Clinical Protocol, Pharmacy Manual, Clinical Investigator’s Brochure, etc.
- Supports the organization’s training program as it relates to Clinical Operations.
- Supports regulatory inspections of the company and its suppliers as needed.
- Provides Quality Assurance support for safety related monitoring and pharmacovigilance.
- Supports the Quality Assurance Unit in other tasks necessary to maintain the Quality System.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in life science or equivalent
- Demonstrated in-depth experience of establishing, refining, and operating Clinical Quality Assurance related systems in the Biotechnology industry.
- 12+ years’ experience in a combination of Quality Assurance and Clinical Operations roles within a regulated industry
- In depth knowledge of FDA, ISO, EMA, GMP, GCP and ICH quality systems and regulatory requirements for clinical programs including cell-based, gene-based, and rAAV-based therapies.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.