Senior Manager, Epidemiology Data Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Manager, Epidemiology Data Analytics is accountable to a real-world data and analytics leadership within the Global Epidemiology function in Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety (PPS). The role provides expertise of real-world data and analysis methods within PPS, develops data/statistical analysis plan and executes on data analysis. The role independently delivers data analysis results and findings to epidemiologists or cross-functional members as necessary. The role does comprehensive literature review for real-world data methodology and coding algorithm, provides insights into real-world data, analysis tools, and epidemiology study concepts and protocols/proposals.
- Independently manage data/statistical analysis plan and analyze specific epidemiology databases to prepare relevant tables and figures. Clearly communicate the results and findings to epidemiologists and cross-functional members as needed
- Work with general to advanced epidemiology research techniques to apply appropriate research methods to answer questions relating to drug safety
- Work with public and private resources and databases relevant to epidemiology for use in data analysis
- Contribute to the design of observational studies, including registries, providing critical appraisal of observational study protocols through participation in inter-departmental and cross-functional committees as needed
- Convert sales data to exposure data, overall and stratified by key factors, e.g. age groups, gender, indications by leveraging with real-world data
- Provide epidemiology data to core safety and regulatory documents including, but not limited to, RMPs, PSURs, and Briefing Books
- Work with analysis tools, e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Aetion, for data analysis, modeling, and visualization
- Do comprehensive literature review for analytics methodology and coding algorithms related to real-world data
- MPH or MS degree in Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration, or related field. Ph.D. is preferred.
- With 6-8 years of epidemiology and/or public health experience with a Master degree or 1-2 years of experience with a Ph.D. degree. Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Proficient with SAS, SQL, R, or related statistical software or other data analysis tools for data analysis, modeling, and visualization
- Familiar with real-world data (e.g. health insurance claims, EMRs) concepts and structures. Extensive experience in manipulating and analyzing these databases is required.
- Knowledge and experience in different therapeutic areas. Immunology or oncology experience is preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.