Scientist I/II, In Vivo Pharmacology
The Position:Bolt Biotherapeutics has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Scientist I/II to join our dynamic in vivo team. This individual will lead the efforts to characterize novel immune-stimulating antibody conjugates (ISACs) in vivo and will actively contribute to IND-enabling activities that support our immuno- oncology pipeline. Additional experimental work will be focused on model development, characterization and performing assays to measure pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ISACs. Expertise in tumor immunology as well as in xenograft and syngeneic in vivo models are required. Strong candidates will be collaborative, motivated, and eager to join a fast-paced environment to further drug discovery and development.
• Design and execute studies to measure in vivo efficacy using human tumor xenograft models as well as syngeneic murine models.
• Develop murine models for assessing activity of antibodies and ISACs targeting tumor and immune-related antigens.
• Design and perform experiments measuring in vivo pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
• Effectively communicate strategy, methodology and progress to key stakeholders.
• Generate IND-enabling data and author technical reports describing findings to support regulatory filings and progression of key pipeline programs.
• Work in a team-oriented environment and serve on internal program teams to guide the strategic plan executing the in vivo assessment of novel immunotherapeutics.This is a research position that requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses are required while working in the lab. This position requires the ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 25 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods.
Job Requirements include:
• Minimum of PhD in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in Biotech is preferred with a proven track record of success.
• Deep understanding of in vivo tumor models and myeloid biology
• Technical expertise with high dimensional flow cytometry and profiling of primary specimens (PBMC, tumor biopsies).
• Expertise working with biologics, with prior experience working with bispecific antibodies being highly desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and
• collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• Proficiency in statistical software (Graphpad Prism) and FlowJo.
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.