Principal Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
The Position:Bolt Biotherapeutics has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Principal Scientist. This individual will lead the efforts to characterize novel immune-stimulating antibody conjugates (ISACs) in vivo and will actively contribute to IND-enabling activities that support our immuno-oncology pipeline. Strong candidates will be creative, collaborative, and passionate about drug discovery and development. Expertise in tumor immunology as well as in xenograft and syngeneic in vivo models are required. Their efforts, both experimentally and as a strategic team member, will directly support decision making for pipeline programs as they progress from early research through an IND and into the clinic. This position will report directly to the Head of In Vivo Pharmacology.
• Work in a team-oriented environment and serve on internal program teams to guide the strategic plan executing the in vivo assessment of novel immunotherapeutics.
• Generate IND-enabling data and author technical reports describing findings to support regulatory filings and progression of key pipeline programs.
• Effectively communicate strategy, methodology and progress to key stakeholders, including Bolt’s senior executives.
• Design and execute studies to measure in vivo efficacy using human tumor xenograft models as well as syngeneic murine models.
• Develop murine models for assessing activity of antibodies and ISACs targeting tumor and immune-related antigens.
• Design and perform experiments measuring in vivo pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
• Perform other related duties as needed and mentor junior staff.This is a research position that requires working in a laboratory environment with hazardous chemicals. Protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses are required while working in the lab. This position requires the ability to lift containers or instruments (up to 25 pounds) and work standing at a fume hood or lab bench for extended periods.
Job Requirements include:
• Minimum of PhD in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in Biotech is preferred with a proven track record of success.
• Technical expertise and knowledge of in vivo tumor models and a deep understanding of tumor immunology and methods of targeting the myeloid axis (e.g. mAbs, TLRs, and immune checkpoints).
• Expertise working with biologics, with prior experience working with bispecific antibodies being highly desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and
• collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment.
• Prior experience contributing to IND-enabling studies and authoring of technical reports is desirable.
• Proficiency in statistical software (Graphpad Prism) and FlowJo.
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.