Scientist/Sr. Scientist - Bioconjugation and Process Development
Levena Biopharma, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SRNE), is a leading expert in antibody drug conjugate (ADC) technology, utilizing our own proprietary site-specific conjugation technology and an extensive catalog of linker-toxin compounds. As a CDMO service provider, we have established cGMP manufacturing facilities to accelerate the complete ADC drug development process: from linker-toxin production to conjugation, characterization, and final processing.
Currently, we have several exciting programs in development at our San Diego, CA location that are aimed toward addressing unmet challenges in oncology and other disease areas. A Scientist/Senior Scientist position is available immediately in the ADC Process Development group.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will help to lead process optimization and development efforts for ADC production. Expertise in a variety of synthetic, analytical and purification techniques related to antibodies and antibody conjugates is therefore essential to this role. A particular emphasis is placed on mastery of hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), size-exclusion chromatography (SEC), and tangential flow filtration (TFF).
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who can manage and organize data on different projects. They will be able to multi-task and problem solve while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus. The successful candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills while working efficiently to satisfy strict timelines and deliverables. As Levena is a team-oriented, multi-disciplinary environment, the successful candidate will be expected to play a leading role in interacting with the Synthetic Chemistry, Biology, and Analytical Development teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- The synthesis, purification, and characterization of ADCs with an emphasis on applying DOE principals toward conjugation process development and optimization.
- A versatile technical mastery in antibody and ADC handling at multiple (microgram to gram) scales.
- Expertise in analytical and preparative methods including, but not limited to, HIC, SEC, and TFF.
- Communication of results both internally and externally through presentations and formal technical reports.
- A legible, accurate, and detailed record of all relevant data and testing in the laboratory notebook; the creation and revision of SOPs
- Performance of laboratory work in a safe and compliant manner at all times.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD (0+ years), MS (5+ years), or BA/BS (10+ years) in ADC development, Bioconjugation, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related research area, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or biotech organization
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written).
- Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work efficiently to satisfy specific timelines and deliverables.
- The chance to grow your career in a dynamic, growing, and collaborative environment on the cutting edge of cancer immunotherapy development.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, company paid holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer