Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
We are seeking a talented Senior Scientist, Translational Science, to lead biological research and development activities for our translational pipeline based on gene correction in hematopoietic stem cells.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the preclinical pipeline development of ex vivo programs based on targeted integration in blood stem cells (e.g. hematopoietic stem cells) for diseases of the blood and immune system.
- Bring preclinical pipeline programs all the way from discovery to preclinical proof-of-concept to IND-enabling studies.
- Design, execute, and interpret data for targeted integration experiments in human cell lines, human primary cells, human stem cells, as well as in vivo engraftment studies in NSG mice.
- Implement off-target assays for assessing the specificity of targeted integration methodologies.
- Manage a team including PhD-level scientists as well as Research Associates.
- Provide guidance, lead biology and CRISPR science activities in research and development areas, with special focus on meeting regulatory requirements and improving company's existing technology platforms.
- Communicate scientific data and draw appropriate conclusions effectively internally and externally. Ensure high quality departmental documents for regulatory submissions, manuscripts, abstracts and publications.
- Support preclinical studies through oversight of interaction with contract research organizations and contribute to relevant data analyses.
- Work with corporate legal to file intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries.
- Assist business development in assessing in and out-licensing opportunities.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of broader company scientific objectives.
- Establish & contribute positivity to the broader vision of company culture
What You Will Bring:
- PhD in molecular biology, biology, stem cell biology, genetics and/or engineering.
- 3+ years of work experience in biotech, pharmaceutical industry and/or academic postdoctoral research and development settings.
- 3+ years of experience managing researchers.
- Strong background in hematopoietic stem cell biology.
- In depth knowledge of CRISPR & cell and gene therapy.
- Wet lab experience focused on mammalian cell culture and NGS library preparation is preferred.
- Strong publication record demonstrating significant contributions in the field.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and scientific writing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in fast-paced and highly dynamic situations.
- Proven ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in fast paced environment.
Fit with Graphite Bio's culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios' Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.