Lab Operations Coordinator - Process Development
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are seeking a Lab Operations Coordinator that will serve to provide support for early stage gene therapy candidates. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology.
- Ensure efficient operation of Process Development labs by providing and coordinating support activities
- Reports to Manager, PD Pilot Team, with responsibility to support Cell Culture and Purification groups, including bench-scale studies up to 200 L scale production runs
- Liaise with Supply Chain to ensure availability of specialty materials, and for effective management of stockroom program
- Partner with Facilities and external vendors to ensure proper management of all aspects of laboratory equipment, including procurement, installation, calibration, maintenance, and alarm monitoring for critical equipment
- Collaborate with EH&S on safety training, engineering controls, and waste management. May contribute to writing related Laboratory Procedures or manage review and approval workflow, in cooperation with QA.
- Works cross-functionally to support continuous-improvement initiatives
- Track departmental budget for laboratory supplies, equipment, and facility-related expenses.
- Vendor management for sourcing and procurement of equipment and specialty materials, including obtaining proposals/price quotes, coordinating meetings with technical staff, managing contract & procurement workflows, and coordinating site-visits
- Coordinate onboarding and training of new hires
- Arrange non-GMP shipping for cell banks and process samples
- May support readiness for laboratory studies, including ‘kitting’ supplies, preparation of buffers, sterile assemblies, sample manifests, labels, or batch documentation.
- May assist verification of data transcription in study reports, manuscripts etc. as necessary.
- B.S in scientific field
- 2-4 years of experience in biotechnology research, process development, pilot plant, or manufacturing, including 1-2 years with lab management or operations responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to reliably manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, with aptitude for interfacing across multiple technical and non-technical functions.
- B.S in biological sciences (Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Cell Biology)
- Familiarity with bioprocess manufacturing
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.