Scientist, Translational Sciences
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. We are combining the precision of gene regulation with the versatility of gene therapies to create breakthrough treatments. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are seeking an experienced and a highly motivated Scientist to join our Translational Sciences team. This person will play an important role in assay development efforts and nonclinical sample testing to support GLP and non-GLP studies. This bench scientist will participate in multiple method development and sample testing efforts, and completion of projects according to established procedure and timelines. Responsibilities for this role includes SOP development, conducting assays according to established SOPs, contributing to the development of new methods related to cell-based, plate based and other protein assays to support the Encoded pipeline products. Strong analytical skills and meticulous method development experience coupled with clear communication skills (written and verbal form) are essential.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The successful candidate will work well across multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Perform cell-based ELISpot assays, as well as support plate-based nonclinical immunogenicity assays
- Generate critical reagent generation as it relates to the immune assays
- Manage CROs as it relates to regulated assay development activities to support clinical studies
- Collaborate to prepare IND/CTA documentation and investigate and troubleshoot assays in response to regulatory feedback
- Execute well-designed experiments, accurately analyze and present data
- Keep systematic and contemporaneous records of data according to established compliance procedures
- Author and review standard operating protocols (SOPs) and study reports; improve internal procedures related to documentation
- Stay abreast with emerging guidance as it relates to gene therapy related immunogenicity assays and effectively implement then for nonclinical and clinical assays
- Communicate results with clarity at team meetings
- Engage to work collaboratively within teams to deliver exceptional results
- PhD with post-doctorate or industry experience OR
- Master’s degree with 5 or more years of industry experience and successful track record of diverse cell-based and protein assay projects
- Well versed and experienced in multiple assay platforms including including ELISpot/Flow cytometry, MSD and or/Luminex based ligand binding assays and cell-based neutralizing assays
- Strong practical knowledge of immunogenicity assay method development, troubleshooting assays and interpretation of results
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively communicate in a team setting
- Strong computation skills; well-versed with Office suite, Graphpad, FlowJo and JMP software
- Prior experience with regulated immunogenicity methods and AAV gene therapy
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.