Contracts & Pricing Strategy Senior Manager, Nephrology Pricing Lead (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us
Contracts & Pricing Senior Manager, Nephrology Pricing Lead
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role the Contracts & Pricing Senior Manager, Pricing Lead, is a critical member of the Nephrology Coverage and Pricing team. As a member of the Value & Access Strategy Team, this individual will report to the Director of Nephrology Coverage and Pricing and will be responsible Nephrology pricing along with a direct report. In collaboration with the Nephrology C&P team, ESA/Parsabiv brand teams, legal, and USV&A contracting functions this individual will lead the development and execution of pricing and contracting strategy across dialysis providers, Oncology clinics, hospitals, and payers.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for leading analysis and assessment requiring synthesis of cross-functional information across a variety of sources to support pricing strategy, scenario-planning and customer insight development. In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, the candidate will be a key support for the Nephrology Key Account team and USV&A Market Access teams for product-specific contract negotiations. This role interacts cross functionally with Coverage & Pricing, Contracting Operations, Value Marketing, Patient Access, Ecosystems & Insights, Sales, Brand Marketing, Government Affairs, Trade & Distribution, Business Unit Leadership, Finance, Accounting, and Legal.
This individual in this position will impart a strong foundation in analytical (financial) modeling. The position is a good avenue to other future commercial healthcare roles. Amgen has strong training, education, and mentoring programs to ensure staff are successful.
WE ARE OPEN TO CANDIDATES WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THOUSAND OAKS AND WILL CONSIDER REMOTE WORKING ARRANGEMENTS.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Lead the development and execution of Nephrology pricing and contracting strategies in coordination with Nephrology C&P and brand leadership and guidance from key partners
- Engage with subject matter experts and brand leadership while leading quantitative and qualitative pricing/contracting analyses to support the provider/payer pricing and contacting strategy across Neph products
- Lead a cross-functional Nephrology pricing/contracting strategy team incorporating DAI principles to gain strategic alignment and make contract decisions based team recommendations and advice
- Develop and document internal pricing platform for account rate approvals
- Develop the latest estimate discount rate (LEDR) model and lead LEDR process for all 4 Neph products in collaboration with finance and the USV&A C&P portfolio team
- Collaborate with forecasting, finance and brand colleagues during long-range scenario exercises
- Lead the assessment and tracking of contract rates and required analysis to support offer decisions and forecast implications across both provider and payer contracts
- Assist with Nephrology strategic planning and quarterly business reviews and long-range scenario planning
- Regularly engage with and act as the primary pricing point of contract for the Nephrology Key Account team and regularly engage with sales and marketing leadership
- Manage and develop a direct report that will support pricing related objectives
- Less than 10% travel may be required
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek has the following qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Masters degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associates Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Strong mathematical modeling skills in Excel and experience with financial or economic modeling using large quantities of data to draw conclusions
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and strategic thinking ability
- Experience solving complex business problems, bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatic problem solving approach
- Solid understanding of US health care system and key stakeholders
- Experience in the Nephrology, hospital, or medical benefit experience
- Pricing/contracting, finance, forecasting or other quantitative analysis experience
- MBA or other masters degree
- Results and solutions-oriented
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to simplify complex topics for customer and leadership audiences
- Proven project management skills and cross-functional leadership
- Ability to effectively manage the Amgen matrix and work through others to deliver results
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates
professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in
the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.