HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate-Process DevelopmentLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role your duties will include process development support, analytical method development/ qualification and characterization of therapeutic proteins. Responsibilities include:
- Hands-on application of standard protein characterization assays (SEC, CEX, CE-SDS, cIEF and MS)
- Develop appropriate analytical methods to support product release and stability testing as well as process development; Qualify the methods per guidelines
- Transfer analytical methods that support GMP campaign
- Maintain electronic lab notebook and records in accordance with department policy
- Good trouble shooting and problem resolution abilities using scientific judgment
- Work in a dynamic matrix system to provide support as needed
- Participate in team efforts to advance scientific development and technologies
Oral and written communication
- Prepare presentation for group and project meetings as the need arises
- Author internal procedures and reports
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Process Development professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Protein Chemistry or related subject area OR Bachelors degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Protein Chemistry or related subject with at least 2 years working experience
- Excellent analytical lab skills with wet chemistry and HPLC (e.g. Chromeleon or Empower); Experience with capillary electrophoresis and LC-MS is strongly desired
- Hands-on experience with protein characterization
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry and biophysical characterization
- Proficiency in basic office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to read scientific literature and demonstrating scientific curiosity
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.