Cloud Bus. Sys. Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
The Omics Product Team closely works with and supports Amgens R&D Molecular and Computational Biologists in identifying new drug targets, validating them for specificity and characterizing drug induced molecular changes in tissues. The team coordinates development and advancement of IT solutions and analytical data pipelines for Genomics (GWAS, BulkRNASeq etc), Transcriptomics (SingleCell RNASeq), and Proteomics. The Omics Product team is an integral part of Amgens R&D Informatics (R&DI) organization supporting Amgens scientific pipeline.
The R&DI team partners with R&D teams globally to develop innovative Technology and Data solutions to accelerate and grow Amgens pipeline of bio-pharmaceuticals. Our success in informatics is inspired by our commitment to our patients, to our business partners, and to use technologies that deliver critical business value.
- Guides in design, development and delivery of high-quality, scalable, and robust software products & components in collaboration with product teams, stakeholders & engineering teams
- Provides cloud technology guidance to both business and IS teams in Omics
- Develops robust, secure and scalable cloud solutions for external data ingestion for Omics analysis
- Contribute to the vision & roadmap for the R&D software ecosystem
- Ensures all cloud infrastructure is maintained in a compliant state with timely patching.
- Develops documentation on best practices for cloud infrastructure selection, deployment (CI/CD), cost management and compliance
- establish connections/enable access, data transfer between various cloud-based and on-prem components (e.g. databases, servers) for Omics applications
- Contribute to the design of R&D information model and data assets to ensure data integrity, reliability, and interoperability
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic leader we seek has these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Masters degree and 4 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 8 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
- Demonstrable experience with AWS cloud computing, software packages and storage solutions
- Knowledge in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology is desired
- Experience in systems analysis, Agile development, DevOps, and implementing complex solutions
- Solid foundation in software design and working knowledge in one or more software development languages (eg. Python, R)
- Working knowledge of software engineering practices across full software development life cycle (SDLC), including rapid prototyping, agile methodology, DevOps frameworks(Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, GitLab, Maven, Sonar Cube, Airflow), cloud architecture (AWS, Databricks platforms), and release management
- Experience in process & workflow automation, data acquisition, analytics, visualization, and reporting
- Ability to communicate technical ideas in common terms to business & technology partners
- Develop documentation and train developers and technical end users on best practices with cloud computing
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Computational Biologists, Therapeutic Area scientists and Data Engineers and play a key role in translating scientific business needs into data engineering requirements
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Ready to Apply for the Job?
We highly recommend utilizing Workday's robust Career Profile feature to complete the application process. A link to update your profile is available when you click Apply. You can then complete your Workday profile in minutes with the Upload My Experience functionality to upload an updated copy of your resume or you can simply edit the individual sections of your Career Profile.
Please note that you should be in your current position for at least 18 months before applying to internal positions. Staff must notify their current manager if invited for an interview. In addition, Staff are ineligible to apply for open positions if (a) their performance is currently being managed on a performance improvement plan (PIP) or other locally utilized formal coaching document or (b) their most recent performance rating was not a Partially Meets Expectations or higher. Please visit our Internal Transfer Guidelines for more detailed information
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.