Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Research Program Management
What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
- Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Research Program Management to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND. The candidate will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive teams (internal and external) to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists across Cellarity, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the drug discovery programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
The Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Research Program Management will:
- Provide high quality program management to an innovative portfolio of exploratory and drug discovery programs from idea through to IND.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the drug discovery process to guide program teams to define the key scientific questions, program strategy and objectives, translating these into optimal deliverables, cross-functional plans, timelines and budgets.
- Partner with the Program Leader to drive and lead the program team.
- Identify and mitigate program risks with input from team members.
- Ensure all decisions made on the program are assessed as to their impact.
- Work closely with Finance and the cross-functional program teams to establish program related budgets and resourcing plans. Is accountable to monitor plans and ensure programs have the required resources and budget.
- Will interface with and drive collaboration between the various teams at Cellarity: Medicinal Chemistry, AI, Technology, Biology, Development (DMPK, Preclinical Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine) and with the Cellarity Leadership Team.
- Work in collaboration with the wider Cellarity Program Management Team to build the Cellarity PMO including defining, establishing, and maintaining the program management tools and systems to enable efficient and effective management, tracking and reporting of the research programs.
- Ensure efficient and effective communications of program related information to all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Manage alliances and/or partnerships associated with their assigned programs.
- Lead and/or manage strategic or platform development projects as required.
- Degree in a scientific discipline, ideally life science or chemistry
- 10 years relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery and development, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug discovery (preclinical).
- 3+ years of Project Management experience in drug discovery and development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated teambuilding and leadership skills
- Scientific curiosity and passion for discovering new, innovative medicines.
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Proven track record in driving successful, collaborative drug discovery teams.
- PMP certification
- Leadership experience, line management and/or matrix environment
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto