Project Manager, Preclinical Research
Cybin has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager experienced in preclinical research studies to join their growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Manager, Preclinical Research will work closely with the Senior Director of Research and Preclinical Programs to optimize and manage the preclinical research portfolio to support advancement of these therapeutics to the clinic. This includes tracking and improving key project management metrics; planning, executing, and communicating with internal and external team members to ensure the success of preclinical IND-enabling projects.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate regulatory preclinical development studies.
- Initiate and review project plans that include project goals/scope, milestones, deliverables, timelines, completion dates, resource requirements, and budgets.
- Manage the transition from drug discovery through preclinical development to clinical trials.
- Support the R&D team by organizing, maintaining, and reviewing project documents including quotations, proposals, protocols, data, and reports, to track status and execution of project tasks.
- Responsible for coordinating all the components of the project, which may include determining and delegating resources, resolving conflicts, communicating goals, motivating the participants, prioritizing tasks, managing change, and analyzing the outcome.
- Collaborate with scientists, R&D management, program managers and CROs to achieve project goals.
- Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with project teams.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant scientific discipline.
- Educational or work experience in pharmacology and/or toxicology preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical R&D or with CROs.
- Experience working on regulated, IND-enabling studies needed.
- Experience working in a remote work environment essential.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including, observational, analytical, problem recognition and solving abilities.
- Ability to take initiative and make judgments independently.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, efficient, with strong attention to detail.
- Project Management certification or equivalent experience required.
- MS Project experience preferred.
- Desire to operate in a dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment.
Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.