Senior Technology Engineer II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
For large enterprise datasets, the data engineer is responsible for engineering solution to support key business initiatives, working primarily with data scientists and data analysts across functional disciplines software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Act as a lead engineer in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Designing, engineering, and implementing software and technology solutions by Enterprise Data Platform ecosystem; Demonstrating the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Demonstrating high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilizing this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Understanding and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 7 years of experience and a strong understanding of specified functional area.
- At least 6-year experience in a several data processing roles such as database developer/administrator, ETL developer, data analyst, BI analytics developer, and/or solution developer of contextual search applications
- Experience with Cloudera CDH / CDP and/or Amazon Web Services/ EMR ecosystem (SOLR, Spark, Impala, Hive, Hue, Athena, Glue, etc…), Python, R
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Informatica tools (PowerCenter, Big Data Management, Master Data Management), MarkLogic, SAS Analytics, python, R and preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.