Global Learning Design and Technologies Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Manager, Global Learning Technologies
The Global Learning Technology Manager acts as a Performance Consultant, and is responsible for the advice on the selection, piloting and implementation of new digital learning solutions for the Global Learning organization, Areas and Affiliates across the globe.
The Global Learning Manager Technology serves as a strategic partner to the Global Learning partners and assess the business needs to create and implement an engaging and relevant learning solution to the end user. Work together with customers and vendors to make possibilities real, through sound digital expertise, BTS interaction, project management and consultancy skills.
The GLTM will build and maintain a variety of cross functional business relationships acting as the cultural change ambassador for transforming “Training” into “Learning” at AbbVie.
- Support the Global Learning Team in executing its strategies by providing expert digital advice and consulting skills.
- Partner with customers in the Areas, Affiliates and Global teams to define the scope of pilot and implementation projects.
- Partner with BTS in the creation of a learning technologies ecosystem for the digital solutions that Global Learning supports or will support in the future.
- Scout the market and identify new promising digital solutions aligned to business needs, Global Learning goals or Areas and Affiliates needs.
- Together with project managers, manage the implementation of all learning solutions across the Areas, in agreement with Affiliates and Functions.
- Analyze business needs; identify gaps between the ideal and the actual digital solution provision required to meet organizational business needs; align solutions with business goals.
- Champion new ways of working and communicating; motivate teammates to adapt and adopt digital skills.
- Include the Global Learning measurement strategy in the operations of Digital Solutions.
- Proven experience with learning technologies (authoring tools, virtual and remote meetings, LMS platforms, social learning, game-based learning solutions, simple video / audio production skills, instructional design principals, etc)
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Budgeting skills
- Program and Project management experience
- Able to build and manage effective long term relationships with clients and work effectively in a matrix organization. Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and functions.
- Tech savvy, passionate about technology and digital tools
- Team player, natural communicator, teacher and coach, self-sufficient leader
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.