Counsel, Securities and Finance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is looking for an accomplished corporate lawyer possessing practical legal judgment, excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to advise corporate functions on key securities and finance-related matters. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, positive team player who can also independently manage complex, fast-paced legal assignments. The Counsel, Securities and Finance, attorney will join a team of lawyers primarily advising AbbVie’s Financial Reporting & Accounting, Treasury, Investor Relations, Executive Compensation and other corporate functions.
This attorney must be able to efficiently and comprehensively:
- Advise on corporate disclosure matters and compliance with the relevant corporation laws, stock exchange listing standards, SEC reporting and compliance rules and regulations, and related corporate policies.
- Draft and review periodic reports including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, and other SEC related forms and filings including Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Provide legal support to the company’s Disclosure Committee.
- Provide legal support for corporate finance and securities transactions, including bank financings, and equity/debt offerings, advise on compliance with indentures and loan documents and support the financing aspects of M&A, joint venture, licensing and other transactions.
- Provide legal support in connection with stockholder relations, including stock issuance, dividends, transfer operations, and assist finance and investor relations with stockholder correspondence, annual reports, earnings and press releases, scripts and investor decks for use in earnings calls.
- Otherwise provide practical in-house legal advice and support on a wide range of securities and finance matters.
- Analyze and clearly communicate concise legal advice to internal clients, including management.
- Use good judgment in determining whether and when to elevate issues to senior attorneys and senior management.
- Assist senior legal staff on matters of significant importance to AbbVie that affect a substantial portion of AbbVie's business.
- Provide legal guidance, supervision, and support to paralegals and legal support staff.
- Must possess a J.D. degree.
- Superior communication, analytical, organization, and negotiation skills, including the ability to convey and discuss complex securities and finance issues in understandable terms.
- 5 years of relevant experience with securities and finance issues.
- Honed judgment and ability to identify and quickly address critical issues.
- Strong sense of urgency and drive for successful business outcome in all activities.
- Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating bank credit facilities and debt offering documentation.
- Experience in providing legal advice for pharmaceutical research and development.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.