Manager, Marketing Research
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is seeking talented Marketing Insights professionals to work in Oncology on one of the leading brands in the pharmaceutical industry. Successful candidates will be able to thrive in a dynamic environment, and have a proven ability to identify opportunities to drive business and communicate insights to influence business decision making.
The Marketing Research Manager will design, implement, manage and analyze marketing research for the designated therapeutic area(s). The individual will derive insights from primary and secondary research, and partner with the commercial team to inform decision-making around brand strategies and tactics.
- Act as market research lead for designated therapeutic area by forming key commercial team relationships focused on providing strategic insight and staying abreast of commercial issues.
- Is conversant with custom research methodologies, adept at supplier and stakeholder management, and is able to independently lead custom research projects to deliver compelling strategic and tactical insight.
- Create, maintain, and ensure timely execution of the marketing research plans for the designated therapeutic area, driving alignment with brand strategy and adapting to evolving business needs
- Collaborate with marketing research team members to identify and bring innovative custom research approaches to the organization.
- Collaborate with and influence the brand team and agency to drive greater business outcomes.
- Inform the brand planning process based on a deep understanding of the market, all stages of the patient journey, and stakeholder influences throughout the journey. Clarify moments of meaning and highlight opportunities to enhance the patient experience. Develop plans to prioritize and address insights gaps across stakeholders.
- Maintain organizational knowledge on all insights and performance data generated relative to the therapeutic area supported; including market and competitive trends, health care environmental influences and investment performance against various channels.
- Analyze market and brand trends and performance for all Franchise markets. Capture and communicate these trends/performance dynamics via management and publication of ongoing reporting.
- Synthesize research learning across projects and primary and secondary research to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape commercial strategies and tactics.
- Builds solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
- Monitor and manage marketing research programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. MBA or MA preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research or marketing is a strong plus.
- 6+ years relevant marketing research experience, ideally with some client-side marketing research experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Divisional Vice Presidents.
- Advanced knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.