Executive Director, Consumer Marketing - Facial
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Executive Director, Consumer Marketing, Facial – Allergan Aesthetics Portfolio will develop and direct the marketing strategy and activities for the portfolio of brands including Facial (Botox Cosmetic, Juvederm Franchise and Kybella). This position will focus on the development of the Allergan Aesthetics consumer strategy, creative execution, and earned, owned and paid media strategy to drive awareness, conversion and retention for the 80MM consumers who are interested in Aesthetics. The role will manage a substantial marketing budget inclusive of non-working and working media to drive the business goals for the brands in the US. This individual will be instrumental in leading DTC initiatives with clear goals, KPIs and creative execution with a focus on consumer acquisition, churn and retention. All marketing activities must be conducted ensuring regulatory/legal requirements are met and maintained.
The Executive Director will work closely with the brand marketing team as well as various key stakeholders to ensure all elements of consumer marketing is rooted in strategy and consistent across all touchpoints for the brands. This role will also be responsible for leading DTC regulatory strategy development, in partnership with MLRC, to craft compelling claims that meet FDA standards. Activities require analysis of primary/secondary market research, development of strategic plans, execution of plans with focus on ROI and financial acumen.
The Executive Director will show skill and passion for working in a multi-faceted high-paced environment. This role will work fluidly between teams, liaising with internal stakeholders and have hands-on experience managing agency partners. This role must have demonstrated modern marketing acumen, experience in managing consumer brands and demonstrated skillset in leading people and projects with the ability to anticipate and pivot quickly as driven by the needs of the business. This individual will be a marketer at heart with a passion for consumers, beauty and lifestyle, data driven insights and programs, and terrific attention to detail and comfort in managing budgets and teams.
- Ensure DTC strategies and tactics are executed in collaboration with all cross functional partner
- Develop consumer strategy and content, working cross functionally across the Allergan Aesthetics portfolio to ensure an integrated and timely launch
- Work with agencies in development, implementation and execution of marketing plans
- Work with cross functional teams such as Performance Marketing, Integration Marketing, Product Marketing and Professional Marketing to ensure flawless and timely execution
- Lead team to perform analysis of marketing campaigns
- Lead team to coordinate internal legal, regulatory, and medical review of materials
- Participate in market research and integrate insights into tactical execution
- Execute production and distribution of materials in support of Direct to Patient / Consumer efforts
• Bachelors degree in related field, MBA Preferred
• Minimum 12+ years consumer marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Aesthetics, beauty, and/or wellness marketing experience preferred
• Product launch experience required
• Experience with DTC campaign development and execution
• Knowledge of health care and/or pharmaceutical industry
• Solid knowledge of marketing areas including product positioning, marketing plan development and execution, strategic communications, product launch, public and private payer reimbursement environment and life-cycle management
• Successful track record of strategic and tactical marketing
• Understanding of direct-to-patient marketing
• Public Relations, influencer and social media working knowledge and experience preferred
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
• Analytical skills
• Presentation skills
• Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
• Ability to develop key strategies and execute
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Solid matrix management and leadership skills
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Financial/budgetary experience
• Ability to travel
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.