Manager, Global Sales and Cost Reporting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The primary goal of the Global Sales and Cost Reporting Manager is to ensure that all international and domestic product sales, cost and unit data sets are reported in accordance with policy and provided accurately to all of the AbbVie systems and organizations that require the data for financial reporting, forecasting and analysis. Also responsible for the Consolidated Sales and Margin (CSM) system and the related master data from both a system and data perspective.
The position has routine contact with all Affiliate/Financial Shared Service support staff to resolve reporting and system issues and with other AbbVie organizations regarding data integrity and process coordination.
Work with large amounts of data to prepare trend and variance reports designed to identify sales performance issues and currency exchange impacts.
Assist the entire margin group to integrate the Allergan margin accounting functions within the accounting COE. Review the detail of the master-data setup, planning and reporting process of the Allergan migrated entities per transition calendar.
Support cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives. Coordinate with multiple organizations including Commercial, R&D, Corporate FP&A, Operations, Consolidations and Tax.
- Monthly Sales Reporting
Complete the preparation of the monthly product sale section of Sr. Management Reporting Package (MRP), reporting Plan/LBEs and Actual results.
- Supervise the monthly collection, consolidation and reconciliation of international and domestic transactional product sales, cost, and unit data from SAP
- Provide reports and analysis on the submitted data, including intercompany margin earned/transferred for the financial consolidation
- Provide data feeds to Operations Supply Chain and Commercial systems and process/data support as needed
- Review and approval manual adjustments needed to correct reporting errors
- Support affiliates/users on system issues related to CSM
- Train users on new CSM system/processes
- Direct all system changes, updates, and enhancements for CSM
- Review and approve all user test plan and outcomes
- Provide ongoing support and administration of data and system
- Coordinate with down-stream system owners on any change needed in either CSM or master data to ensure all data and user needs are being addressed
Accountability / Scope:
The information collected and distributed from CSM provides the detail framework of the AbbVie sale reporting. The information provides the basis by which product profitability is measured. Inaccuracy in this data has the potential to result in incorrect decisions related to product sales. This role has a wide scope of authority relating to decisions made which impact the systems and data for which this position is responsible. The Manager works in conjunction with his/her manager to review decisions and potential impact the business.
Bachelors Degree required: Accounting/Finance or related field.
Experience in the following:
- SAP experience required
- Cost Accounting experience in manufacturing strongly recommended
- Experience in Supply Chain Finance Operations preferred
- Consolidation and Reporting
- Process or Data Management
- Excellent analytical, communication, quantitative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to see a big picture and understand how the processes fit together
Total Combined Years: 9+ years of experience including leading cross functional teams, complex data analyses, independent problem solving and experience with SAP
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.