Senior Manager, Commercial Data Management
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Data Management Senior Manager has the responsibility for handling day-to-day data management processes, ensuring reliable and accurate data is delivered to our partners throughout the Commercial organization. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all production support operations including ensuring all data issues are resolved and requests are followed through. Working with Commercial stakeholders, this role will be responsible for performing territory re-alignments, data enrichment updates, and multiple data source reconciliations. Using technical skills and business acumen, the Data Management Manager will be instrumental in shaping long-term data management strategy and data governance processes for Global Commercial systems by implementing data management tools and automation.
- End to end oversight of Commercial Database and system data management and production support operations.
- Partner with business owners to analyze data needs and build solutions and data sets to meet those needs and answer key business questions
- Manage activities of production support team members
- Manage territory re-alignments
- Manage and load 3rd party data by ensuring data integrity and timely delivery of projects
- Manage day-to-day data management activities: resolve data issues, history backfills, etc.
- Charter direction and own implementation of new data management strategies and processes including MDM to help the Commercial organization scale
- Effectively communicate and partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Support data needs (including ad hoc list pulls, list matches, report development)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 5 years work experience in data governance, data stewardship, data analysis preferably with experience in data warehouse and business intelligence applications
- Experience working with 3rd party data, ideally in the pharmaceutical space (Claims data, EMR data, IMS, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills; being able to import/select/manipulate data; understand data warehousing principals and relational databases
- Exceptional attention to detail; thorough research, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to independently make decisions and reprioritize tasks to meet deliverables; be highly organized
- Hands on experience with data visualization tools (Power BI or Tableau) is highly desirable
- Experience with Data Quality and MDM solutions
- Lifesciences industry experience preferred
- Driven and accountable self-starter, with ability to identify and communicate priorities, and work independently in a fast-paced industry at a rapidly growing organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.