Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Global FP&A
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for the coordination, consolidation and reporting and analysis of the company’s budget, forecasts and long range plan. The position, will support the FP&A team in all aspects of the budgeting and forecasting processes, planning for corporate items, financial analysis and support and management reporting. This position will also play a key role in continuous process improvement projects. In this fast-paced and high-exposure role, you will interact with senior leaders and finance teams throughout the organization to meet goals and objectives.
- Own the roll-up of budget and forecast data and preparation of Senior Management presentations and reports, Audit Committee and Board of Directors meeting materials and internal forecast review meeting materials.
- Own enterprise valuation models by collaborating with cross functional groups across the organization including Commercial, WWR&D and PPD (Program Portfolio Development) teams.
- Own the global budget and forecast processes including global process and systems improvement efforts, owning budget/forecast calendars and key deliverables schedule and monitoring progress against deadlines
- Assist in planning for corporate items for the budget, forecast and Long Range Plan (such as stock based compensation, contingent consideration, amortization, debt and interest expense, interest income, etc.)
- Work closely with accounting team to coordinate the month end close and SEC filings and earnings call support.
- Work closely with Anaplan model builders on all application changes/updates and setup items for the budget and forecast (i.e. scenario setups, sequence and timing of business rules and allocations, etc.).
- Build and manage models for problem solving, and business forecasting
Implement continuous enhancements in support of a quickly growing organization, including more standardized and automated reporting, improve processes, benchmarking analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required
- 5+ years’ experience in FP&A
- Proficiency with Anaplan, PowerBI, Oracle and Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint) is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; effective at communicating across all levels in the organization
- Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Enjoys a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective on teams as well as individually
- Results driven; adaptable, flexible and creative in developing new improvement ideas and solutions
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
- Advanced degree, CPA or MBA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.