Scientist, TCR Group
At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Science, Respect, Courage and Collaboration and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
Lyell Immunopharma is seeking a qualified candidate to join our newly established R&D center in South San Francisco and Seattle as a group leader in the TCR team. The ideal candidate will play a principal role in developing the next generation of T cell cancer immunotherapies. The candidate will be responsible for scientifically supporting the T cell team in developing assays to identify cell phenotypes of improved T cells for adoptive immunotherapy.
- Design and conduct complex experiments independently with scientific rationale.
- Critically analyze experiments and interpret complex data drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Creative thinking to improve the efficiency of current experiments and assays.
- Communicate and discuss results with other scientists.
- Represent Lyell externally through presentations at key National / International meetings, interactions with our key investigators.
- Participate and thrive in an interactive, team-oriented culture.
Deep molecular knowledge and field expertise in cell ageing and senescence.
- Proven record of relevant experience and expertise in assays involving measurements related to epigenetics, DNA repair systems, apoptosis, telomere length and metabolic pathways.
- Strong cell/molecular biology knowledge and experience.
- Consistent record of innovative contributions to cellular reprogramming, cellular ageing or senescence as evidenced by first / senior-authored publications in top-tier journals and patent authorship.
- Relevant experience and expertise in cancer cell immunotherapy such as TCR/CAR T cell assays is a plus.
- Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, immunology, pathology or related field.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong experience with general cell culture work (culture, expansion, media formulations, passaging, preservation, co-culture systems).
- Experience with immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy, RT-PCR and Western and Blotting.
- Experience with cell cytometry and cell sorting.
- Experience with transcriptional analysis such as RNA-Seq, ATAC-seq and single cell analysis is a plus.
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.