SAP Solution Architect - Procure-to-Pay
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Position will be responsible for defining, designing, and delivering SAP centric solutions that enable and enhance AbbVie’s procurement processes. This position is accountable to ensure high quality solution designs that meet current and anticipated business needs. Responsibilities also include evaluating alternatives to satisfy business objectives, estimating and planning SAP procure-to-pay projects and cross-project process and design governance. This position is responsible for partnering with business leadership and project management to provide guidance to technical teams, driving effective issue management with and communication to key stakeholders, and delivering successful end results.
The position will be involved in solving complex problems that arise during the planning and execution of different IT programs and projects as well as managing the SAP support activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Understands organization's vision, goals and strategies. Aligns department priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates and pursues initiatives based on fit with strategies.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Partner with business unit IT to formulate application strategies and roadmaps.
- Define templates, standards, and patterns to be used across project teams.
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for maintainability, reliability, and availability of systems solutions relative to business expectations.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Manages 5 - 15 employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of the Project Management job family.
- Operates within well-defined expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10 years experience; Master's Degree with 9 years experience; PhD with 8 years experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience including 5 years hands on SAP configuration and implementation plus 2 - 5 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrable end-to-end business process knowledge in procure-to-pay processes
- Expert level knowledge in SAP MM, SRM and Account Payable.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. GMP).
- Managing SAP projects and teams; working knowledge of all aspects of the SAP ASAP methodology including Applications, Integration, Data, Security, Change Management, Training, and Communications.
- Hands-on experience planning and facilitating blue print workshops.
- Strong understanding of developing complex interfaces.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in high stress and high pressure situations.
- Effective communication and influencing Senior Leaders in business and IT.
- Critical Thinking.
- Coaching and mentoring business and IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable application designs.
- Ability to travel globally.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to realty
Position will be hired based on level of experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.