AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie’s Global Grants and Charitable Donations (GGCD) team ensures that healthcare providers and patients have access to meaningful independent educational resources that translate and contribute to improved health outcomes. As a member of the GGCD organization, the Grant Manager is responsible for the development and execution of therapeutic area (TA) grant and donation strategies in AbbVie’s core areas of focus. Reviews and processes grant requests that improve the healthcare landscape through independent patient and medical education. Collaborates closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand and maintain knowledge of current clinical and educational trends.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in grant management and therapeutic area(s) of focus
- Builds meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to keep abreast of assigned TA(s) landscape, best practices and to understand the educational gaps of healthcare providers and the patient community
- Reviews independent medical education grants, non-medical / patient education grants and charitable donation requests to ensure alignment with TA grant strategies and priorities
- Monitors and audits AbbVie-supported educational activities to assess the education partners performance and to gain insight into unmet educational needs and program formats
- Manages and forecasts the assigned TA grant budget for accurate decision making in the allocation of grant funds
- Understands and abides by all internal policies and procedures and industry guidelines, including standards set by ACCME, OIG, AdvaMed and PhRMA Code
- Approaches work with a strategic mindset, focusing on work that supports the broader enterprise mission and objectives
- Executes work with a deep understanding of AbbVie’s business and the context within which GGCD operates
- Supports Grant Management Lead and Strategic Operations team to measure and communicate the impact of work to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Assists with project plans, ensuring all key business objectives, goals, deliverables and milestones are met
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working Medical Affairs, Continuing Medical Education, Finance, Grant Management or Compliance preferred
- Knowledge of the legal, compliance and transparency requirements associated with grants and donations
- Ability to work in a clear and courageous way to manage difficult conversations though direct and constructive dialogue
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task priorities simultaneously with sense of urgency
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to communicate impactful initiatives to stakeholder audience(s) through the proper channels and modes of communication
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.