Associate Director, Enterprise Program Management
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, Program Management is a senior position with overall responsibility and accountability for strategizing and managing multiple complex programs each consisting of interdependent projects at Daiichi Sankyo (DS). This position requires a capable business and IT leader. This position is responsible for the integration of projects within each program and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business and with proper governance approval. The Associate Director, Program Management is responsible for managing cross-functional team members working on the projects within each program. Responsible for the coordinated planning, managing, implementation, and financial management of the program. Communicates with IT leadership, business leadership, consultants, and Alliance partners to communicate program strategy, direction and changes. Responsible for coordinated delivery of all projects contained in the programs assigned within budget, on time, and meeting the strategic and business requirements. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers. Proactively partner with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT and business functions to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Additionally, interface with Alliance partners to manage contractual obligations related to the co-promotion, out-license, etc. of Commercial pharmaceutical products. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of program and project management methodologies and tools.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Program Management; the Associate Director, Program Management will contribute to the PMO in creating formal methodologies and processes for effective execution of programs including defining key performance metrics to measure program results. The position is expected to be multi-disciplined (have breadth), and depth in team leadership, program/project management, and managing resources from broad spectrum of disciplines and cultures.
This position is focused primarily on business process transformation initiatives or new business ventures compared with project or sr. project manager's which are primarily focused on execution of tasks and activities through tactical management of scope, time and cost. This position is focused on delivering business outcomes and must have the expertise and leadership to be able to manage through the political landscape of an organization.
- Responsible for assigned programs from concept to launch (full program lifecycle) that are in alignment with and support the strategic objectives of DSI Executive Mgmt and DSI including:
- Coordinated planning, managing, implementation, and financial management of the assigned business and technology programs
- Defining the program charter, roles, tasks, milestones, program budget, and business outcomes and measures of success
- Developing appropriate plans to manage the program and interdependent projects (e.g., specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of program risks, issue resolution, contingency plans, change control, and allocation of available resources)
- Program status reporting including all constituent project tracking and reporting for stakeholders and governance committees - Including Global, Local, and multi-regional (e.g. US and EU)
- Accountable for managing Program budget including preparing and requesting release of funds over the lifecycle of the Program through DSI governance
- Provide Program/Project Management services for co-promotion or out-license partnerships, including participating in operating joint committees and teams governance as well as planning for and monitoring the progress of any contractual obligations
- Drive program deliverables and milestones according to plan
- Actively managing working team(s) on day-to-day basis
- Manages execution of a program communication plan to appropriate stakeholders
- Responsible for the lifecycle of roadmaps for all assigned programs
- Proactive identification of program risks, quantification of risks for prioritization, taking mitigation steps
- Partnering with vendors contracted for delivery of one or more projects or components of the assigned programs
- Effectively managing and resolving escalated issues by project manager(s) affecting one or more projects within the program
- Initiate, follow through, and complete necessary legal documents/agreements for the consulting engagements with vendors, service providers, product vendors, staffing company, software licensing agreements
- Following the established processes to create Purchase Order and ensure smooth payment of invoices to vendors
- Contribute to PMO in creating formal methodologies and processes for effective execution of programs and projects including defining key performance metrics to measure program results
- Gather, document, evaluate lessons learned from projects and programs including industry best practices for implementation within EPMO at DSI
- Forecasting required resources for the projects within the programs
- Consolidation tracking and reporting of all programs assigned
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree in the field of management or business administration preferred
- 7+ Years experience in a progressive career path as a Project Manager, Program Manager, or Product Manager in a technology-based business required
- 7+ Years IS/IT management experience required
- Strong experience with managing GxP validated R&D IT programs and projects preferred
- 4+ Years resource management experience required
- 4+ Years experience working and managing vendors and partners required
- 4+ Years program/project budget management required
- 4+ Years of Pharmaceutical industry experience with Pharma Development, Commercial, and Corporate business functions required
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI preferred
- PgMP - Program Management Professional preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associate Director, Enterprise Program Management