Associate Director, Learning & Growth
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
For our Functional Business Operations King of Prussia we are looking for a
Associate Director, Learning & Growth (f/m/d)
Responsible for collaborating closely with NA Operations leadership to develop curricula in line with CSL core values and competencies, which are critical to a high performance culture.
The position works with our North American Business Operations Leadership team to identify and address employee and organizational development needs. The position is responsible for ensuring effective training programs are in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics: including, but not limited to; essential management/leadership skills, business ownership, business acumen, competencies and sales management development. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops training programs. Facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to align with business objectives and impact.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Sales Training & Special Projects: Work with the Director of Learning & Growth to evaluate current capabilities and contribute to the department’s overall strategic plan. Consult with business leaders to understand business objectives, create development solutions to accelerate those objectives, provide oversight on execution, and ensure results are achieved through metrics and measurement. Creates sales skills training programs at all levels using a blended learning approach and adult learning instructional design principles.
- Training Design and Facilitation: Designs all phases of the content development cycle, including needs analysis, planning, designing, developing, implementing, evaluating and continual refinement. Manages multiple projects simultaneously by aligning stakeholders and prioritizing deadlines. Develops participant and instructor materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, job aids, etc) alone or in conjunction with vendor support. Develops self-paced e-learning, instructor-led training (both in-person and virtual classroom material). Develop and implement holistic measurement strategy. Serve as program manager.
- Evaluation of Impact: Works with team to monitor and evaluate training program, assess results, implement enhancements, and provide recommendations for training program effectiveness. Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators. Ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision. Measures transfer of learning from training courses back to the business. Tracks key business indicators to determine the effectiveness of current training and development programs.
- Technology: Responsible for the administration and management of CSLs LMS system and Learning Applications. Requires excellent technical and communication skills to interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the systems accordingly. This person will serve as the "go to" for LMS and Learning App users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more. May also be required to champion other software or technology within NACO.
- Leads the administration, design, delivery, measurement, communication and facilitation of new hire sales training for the assigned therapeutic area.
Responsible for product/disease state, selling skills programs, systems and tools for new hires. Responsible for maintaining up-to-date curriculum, rosters, archives and approach to on boarding of new representatives and managers.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in life sciences or related field. MBA a plus.
- Seven to ten years’ experience that includes several of the following roles: sales, management, sales training, curriculum/program development, and medium to large-scale program implementations. Direct-line management/leadership experience highly desired. Life sciences background required.