Biostatistics Manager - Hematology/Oncology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Biostatistics Manager - Hematology/Oncology
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will leads projects and studies, ensuring all statistical aspects pertaining to clinical activities meet required standards and are statistically correct while influencing study design, defending statistical approaches and adhering to Amgen Policies, SOPs and other controlled documents.
- Provide statistical contributions, statistical review and quality control of Key Design Elements (KDE) protocols, randomization specifications, Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), Table, Listing and Graph (TLG) shells, Submission Data File (SDF) specifications, key-study related documentation, protocol deviations, Flash Memos, Clinical Study Reports (CSRs), clinical publications and other communications.
- Complete statistical analysis of individual studies/projects.
- Publish applied research in scientific journals and books, making presentations on statistical methodology in the biopharmaceutical setting at external scientific functions such as biopharmaceutical industry and academic meetings.
- Keep full knowledge of Amgens statistical policies and strategies.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in the field of statistics in drug development and contributing to scientific advances in the field.
- Communicate the role of the Global Biostatistics department within the company and contributing to statistical training.
- Assist in the reviews of Amgen Policies, SOPs, controlled documents and study and systems audits conducted by Amgen CQA and external bodies.
- Serve as team member of change / process improvement initiatives.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years Statistics/Biostatistics experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years Statistics/Biostatistics experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years Statistics/Biostatistics research experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Statistics/Biostatistics experience
- Doctoral degree in Statistics/Biostatistics or other subject with high statistical content
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.