HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will join our Process Development organization, Global Manufacturing Sciences and Technologies provides regional expert technical support focused on delivering high quality product to patients through excellence in process support, process engineering and technology advancement and implementation. This position is located at our Cambridge, MA site.
- Provide technical and management leadership to a cross functional team of engineers and scientists for all processing stages from drug substance thawing, formulation, filling, lyophilization and visual inspection unit operations.
- Act as a drug product technical expert, to provide leadership and solutions when troubleshooting parenteral drug product manufacturing, for all processing stages from drug substance thawing, formulation, filling, lyophilization, inspection, and transportation of vials, syringes and devices, for parenteral products through the new product introduction (NPI) or post-NPI phases.
- Act as the accountable point contact from PD organization for product/process support for technology transfers and ongoing clinical and commercial drug product manufacturing at assigned contract manufacturing sites.
- Build excellent business relationships with contract manufacturing partners, Global Operations, Contract Manufacturing Quality, and drug product process teams.
- Lead functional and cross functional teams by setting the agenda, identifying issues and driving to goal completions and target dates.
- Troubleshoot issues with drug product processing technologies and equipment.
- Escalate issues, recommendations, and/or unresolved decisions in a professional and timely manner to the appropriate governance.
- Visit contract manufacturing sites to support key production milestones and build relationships
Responsibilities may also include leading cross-site teams to support the above activities, providing recommendations to management.
Travel (up to 25%) to domestic and/or to international contract manufacturing sites is expected.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is a collaborative leader and team-player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate Degree and 2 years of Engineering and/or Operations experience
Master's Degree and 6 years of Engineering and/or Operations experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of Engineering and/or Operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Engineering and/or Operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering and/or Operations experienceThrive
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.