Manager, Corporate Accounting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This role is responsible for tracking and reporting total Allergan-related integration costs. It is unique in that it will give an individual a chance to build their network as it requires interacting with people throughout the organization (business, functions, affiliates, HR, accounting) as well as give them experience in designing and implementing a process to decentralize certain expense tracking responsibilities. This role is expected to last approximately 6 – 12 months.
- Track and maintain severance and retention accruals
- Provide monthly reporting/analysis on actual expenses and provide forecasts.
- Ensure the functions and affiliates follow the established policies and procedures for accruing and reporting all integration-related one-time costs.
- Assist in the design and execution of a de-centralization plan, transitioning work to the functions, financial shared service centers and affiliates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5 - 8 years of finance and accounting experience
- Ability to work independently and adjust priorities to achieve accurate and timely results
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to collaborate across functions
- Strong SAP and Excel skills
- Corporate Controller’s organization (Consolidations, External Reporting)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Functions & Commercial business
- Financial Shared Services (FSS)
- Abbvie Transition Office (ATO)
- Affiliates / Finance Directors
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.