Manager, Corporate Accounting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This role oversees the accounting and financial reporting for pension and other postemployment plans, investments, intangible assets and goodwill. Activities can include, but are not limited to, recording journal entries, performing account reconciliations, planning/forecasting activities and preparation of footnotes to support the external reporting process. This role interacts with several internal stakeholders, including Tax, Treasury, HR (Total Rewards),Corporate FP&A, business development, shared services, and local affiliate accounting/finance.
- Ensure the correct accounting and reporting for the Company’s pension and postemployment plans globally
- Prepare schedules to support the month-end close and reporting processes (i.e. roll-forwards, cash flow schedules, etc.)
- Plan/Forecast intangible amortization expense
- Prepare and post journal entries as needed and perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare footnotes and other documents quarterly/annually to support external financial reporting (10-Q / 10-K) for pensions & other postemployment benefits, goodwill/intangibles, investments, etc.
- Ad hoc projects to improve / streamline current processes and procedures
- Interact with Tax, Treasury, HR (Total Rewards), Corporate FP&A and third-party providers on issues impacting the accounting and reporting for the pension and postemployment plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- 6 years of finance and accounting experience (minimum 2 years of accounting responsibilities)
- Ability to learn technical accounting concepts
- Ability to work independently and adjust priorities to achieve accurate and timely results
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to collaborate across functions
- Proficient in SAP, HFM and Excel
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and aptitude for continuous improvement and change
- Corporate Controller’s organization (Consolidations, External Reporting)
- Business Development
- Corporate FP&A
- Local affiliate accounting/finance
- Serves as key point of contact with internal and external stakeholders
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.