Senior Scientist Analytical Development
FibroGen seeks a Research Scientist/Senior Scientist of Analytical Development to support the development, qualification, and validation of analytical methods for both small molecule drugs and biologic drugs. Strong expertise with HPLC methodologies is required. Experience with analytical characterization of small molecules and biologics is expected. Experience with both small molecule drug substance and drug products as well as experience with monoclonal antibodies is desired.
• Method Development, Qualification, and Validation – The successful candidate will develop HPLC methods and other methods important for testing both small molecules and biologics.
• Characterization – The successful candidate will have experience with characterizing the properties of small molecule drugs and biologics.
• This position will be a laboratory position to perform development work in support of all of the companies programs, working as part of a team with other scientists.
• Strong HPLC experience is desired, understanding chromatographic principals and applying knowledge to develop new methods and trouble shoot issues.
• The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as being an effective team player working in a collaborative team environment. Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Knowledge and experience with GMP laboratory procedures is desired.
• The successful candidate should have good communication skills, which include making presentations within the group. Excellent written skills are expected to document development, qualification, and validation work in both protocols and reports.
• Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry or other related scientific discipline or BS or MS with a significant number of years of industry experience
• Laboratory experience with small molecules, biologics, and in particular monoclonal antibodies is desired.
• Demonstrated track record of success in a laboratory role in a biopharma or pharmaceuticals environment