VP Business Development (Bilingual-English/Mandarin)
HUYABIO is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective, and lower-risk drug development in international markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally. For more information, please visit www.huyabio.com
Job Summary HUYABIO is seeking a goal-oriented successful business development professional for a fast-paced Company with international operations help achieve growth through in-licensing products from our China pipeline and partner existing products in the portfolio. The VP Business Development will work closely with the CEO, President, and other key leaders across the business to implement the strategic plan to build value through transactions involving key assets. This role requires fluency in Mandarin, outstanding leadership, negotiating and communication skills to be a successful collaborator and influential team player. The position will identify in-licensing, out-licensing, and partnering opportunities to align with HUYABIO’s global strategy and will execute on current and long-range business plans to grow the value of the organization.
This is a San Diego-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYABIO functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive global corporate development transactions, including collaborations, licenses, acquisitions, and ongoing alliances.
- Identify new business development opportunities for out-licensing, in-licensing, and partnerships.
- Lead due diligence efforts for potential transactions and negotiate transaction documents, including CDAs, Heads of Agreement, Term Sheets, etc.
- Prepare and present business cases based on forecasts, valuations, market landscape, competitive intelligence, and other key findings to support strategic decisions and recommendations related to key opportunities and risks to HUYABIO executive management.
- Lead the negotiation and drafting of collaboration agreements and intellectual property licenses in close partnership with the intellectual property staff and outside counsel.
- Maintain and grow a productive network of external contacts and maintain strong working relationships with industry counterparts interfacing with industry leaders.
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with HUYABIO team members in research, development, finance, and legal departments.
- Must be a collaborative and influential team player who is highly motivated.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Serve as Alliance Manager with new partners.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Fluency in Mandarin.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to interact effectively with senior management, outside experts, consultants, and potential partners.
- Strong business acumen and analytical competence to make quality judgments to assess the feasibility of new business opportunities.
- Ability to understand all aspects of product development and commercialization in the biopharmaceutical industry especially in oncology and cardiovascular disease.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- 25% of travel.
Education and Experience
- MBA or PhD in a science-based field, such as Biology or Chemistry, or equivalent experience required 8+ years of successful international strategic business development leadership experience within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
- Solid track record of success in closing deals in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Experience working effectively in multicultural global environments.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin a must
The position is fulltime, and the candidate must be available to attend company meetings and conduct business in person at HUYABIO’s Del Mar, California office.