Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century’s genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century’s foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to lead the Accounts Payable and Purchasing Departments through a period of significant growth. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable and Purchasing functions. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment and have a passion for creating efficient processes. They will have several years of experience in the Life Science industry with a strong background in accounts payable/procurement. This individual will report to the Controller and support the growing accounting department as well as other business functions. The core of the work combines elements of bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and procurement. The individual will be highly detail oriented as the job demands meticulous and thorough attention to detail.
This position is located in our Philadelphia headquarters but will support our other three locations, which include our Seattle Research site, our Glioblastoma Research site in Hamilton, Canada, and our GMP Manufacturing site in Branchburg, New Jersey.
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices identifying and swiftly resolving any invoice discrepancies.
- Manage AP email account, vendor invoices and research/respond to inquiries.
- Obtain and log proper approvals for POs, invoices and payments.
- Assist with weekly vendor payment processing, ensuring proper recording in multiple accounting systems.
- Process purchase orders, coordinate electronic delivery thereof to vendors, resolve discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders, and work with departments to create requisitions.
- Lead and maintain a 3-way P.O. matching process.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and reconcile time and attendance submissions.
- Reconcile and process credit card bills matching Concur expenses to appropriate ledger accounts.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of assigned accounts.
- Maintain accurate W9 vendor information and assist in preparing annual 1099 filing process.
- B.S. / A.S. degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in A/P, A/R and/or Procurement
- Previous experience in the Life Science industry will be considered a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud a strong plus
- Strong AP experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented and accuracy focused
- Flexibility to take on additional tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision