Associate Scientist/ Sr. Associate Scientist, Flow Cytometry and Biomarker Assays
Position Title: Associate Scientist/ Sr. Associate Scientist, Flow Cytometry and Biomarker Assays
Position Level: Associate Scientist/ Sr. Associate Scientist
Reports to: Director, Head of Translational Development
Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century’s genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century’s foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
Century is seeking a motivated scientist with strong flow cytometry skills to join the Translational Development team. The individual in this position will have the exciting opportunity to develop, validate and perform biomarker assays to study product MOA and support exploratory endpoints in Century’s Phase 1 clinical trials of allogeneic NK and T cell products. The role is lab based.
- Develop, qualify and perform multicolor flow cytometry-based assays for immune monitoring and profiling the company’s NK and T cell allogeneic cells in clinical specimen
- Perform FACS sorting of primary immune cells
- Develop and perform cell-based assays for evaluating T and NK cell functionality in clinical specimen (i.e., intracellular cytokine staining, degranulation, ELIspot etc.)
- Develop, qualify and perform ELISA assays (single and multiplexed)
- Establish best practices and SOPs for instrument use and QC, and clinical sample analysis.
- Collaborate with Translational team leads to establish data analysis and reporting templates and ensure compliance for clinical sample data handling
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks
- Perform routine flow cytometry instrument maintenance, QC, and coordinate resolution of technical issues
- BS or MS degree relevant biological sciences field; and 4-10 years for BS, or 2-7 years for MS, of relevant professional experience.
- 2+ years of full-time, hands-on experience in design, validation and execution of multi-color (12+ color) flow cytometry panels
- Experience with use and maintenance of cutting-edge multi-laser flow cytometry instruments
- Hands on FACS-based cell sorting experience
- Cell culture experience
- Experience with T cell /NK cell functional assays (ICS, ELISpot, etc.), and multiplexed ELISA platforms such as MSD and Luminex
- Hands-on experience in handling and processing human blood, marrow, tumor and other clinical specimens
- Strong data analysis experience using Flowjo, Diva software and other FACS related analysis tools
- SOP development and Working knowledge of GxPs
- Work in an Industry/ CRO environment
- Flow based profiling of CAR-T cells or other cell therapy products
- Experience with whole blood flow cytometry and bead-based cell counting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills