Specialist Information System Architect - Endpoint Management
The Endpoint Management Architect will play a vital role in the overall delivery of the enterprise device management tools, capabilities, functions, and features for Digital Workplace Solutions!! This will include the design, architecture and management of the end user computing platform, deriving and maintaining technology standards based on industry best standards, contributing to the technology roadmap management, and proposing and developing new solutions based on business strategy. They will work directly with Managed Service Providers, technology vendors and the internal Amgen teams to use both existing portfolio solutions and new product capabilities for efficient end user compute service delivery
This role will proactively lead the teamwork and engagement with the IS and business process teams in delivering standard methodology solutions based on business & industry standard methodologies to drive device management innovation and stability!! The Device Engineering groups provides Architecture and Delivery for PC and Device Management Software, Desktops, Mobility, Print, Global Remote Access and Security to Amgen end users globally.
The Endpoint Management Architect works with the Senior Manager of Device Engineering within the Digital Workplace Experience organization.Key Responsibilitiesinclude:
- Drive a seamless, secure, and outstanding experience for users.
- Serve as the Domain Specialist on improving business value from Amgens device technology.
- Defining, establishing, and maintaining Short-term and Long-term Strategy and roadmaps for all device modalities including laptops, desktops, manufacturing desktops, virtual desktops (AWS VDI) and all iOS devices (iPhones, and iPads).
- Define, architect, operate, and maintain the platforms and processes that enable the end user computing environment (PCs, mobile phones, tablets, and printers).
- Define architectural solutions by conducting business reviews, current scenarios and implementing industry leading standards into the environment and in collaboration with operations, enablement, and enterprise architecture.
- Defining standards, deployment methods, supported configurations for Amgen IS provisioned desktop/laptop systems using Windows, Mac and iOS Operating systems as well as end user devices following Amgen IS device lifecycle policies and procedures.
- Defining and crafting the next generation desktop management platforms and processes (Modern Device/Unified Endpoint Management).
- Delivery of hardware standards for current need, as well as a deep understanding of enterprise IT to guide the team in the accurate direction with new device selection. Will also provide quantitative feedback and testing on new devices (Windows, Mac, iOS) in the marketplace, to ensure alignment with compliance and audit requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining the systems, tools, policies, and processes required to deploy and support application and workforce services to end user devices across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with other Information Technology groups in requirements gathering and procurement of end user computing devices, to include Systems Administration, Security Administration, Network Administration and IT Field Services.
- Identify, supervise, publish, and manage critical metrics to show improvements in stability, usage, and efficiency.
- Leading the testing and qualifying of all desktop/laptop software and updates in accordance with all compliancy and audit requirements.
- Get along with end users and business leaders cross-functionally to ensure that business use cases are well understood and detailed
- Develop strong vendor relationships, using beta and user feedback forums where available, providing technical oversight of device vendors and supervising their roadmaps.
- Escalation of open tickets and requests with vendors
- Actively participate in high priority outages, solving efforts, and capacity/availability planning sessions
- Lead strategic IS projects and initiatives.
Masters degree and 3 years of IS experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of IS experience
Associates degree and 10 years of IS experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of IS experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Experience in managing global service and technology delivery within enterprises with more than 50,000 devices.
- Experience with driving technology delivery using various Software Development Process (SDLC) methodologies - Agile, DevOps, traditional waterfall, iterative etc.
- Experience managing multiple operating systems and hardware offerings from various OEMs - Windows 10 Enterprise, Embedded, IoT, HoloLens, iOS, iPadOS, MacOS, Android and ChromeOS
- Expert-level experience using multiple endpoint management platforms including - SCCM, Intune, Airwatch/Workspace One, Casper/JAMF, VMWare Airlift
- Experience defining and building service metric dashboards and leveraging to drive business outcomes using tools including - Tachyon, Aternity, Windows/Desktop Analytics, WS1 UEM/Intelligence API, Smart Analytics and Power BI.
- Experience with deploying and handling Autopilot methodology at an enterprise level
- Experience with handling M365 and O365 tools and platforms
- Familiar with Endpoint Security and Identity Management technologies
- Familiar with Virtualization technologies including Amazon Workspaces, Citrix Xen Desktop and XenApp, VMWare Horizon, AppStream
- Proficient in industry trends and standard methodologies in Unified Endpoint Management, End User Computing, Desktop Engineering and Mobility areas.
- Can use scripting and automation tools including - Powershell, SQL, KQL, Graph API, RESTful services.
- Solid understanding of ITIL methodologies and systems
- Experience developing roadmaps for technology initiatives
- Experience leading enterprise-scale projects
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.