Senior Business Systems Analyst, Business Services Group
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provides direct support to Business Services Group (BSG), applying relevant principles to support projects and ongoing activities. Completes tasks which support a project or functional team.
The Business System Analyst is an individual contributor to the development, maintenance, enhancement, and deployment of new or existing business applications, providing specialized technical and business knowledge to projects across internal systems and custom SaaS products and tools.
This role partners with the business to identify scope, use cases, gather requirements, and support implementation of systems or statistical data models using agile methodology, while aligning to global standards and best practices. The Business System Analyst collaborates with Business (BSG) and BTS stakeholders.
BSA acts as a liaison between BTS, vendors, and various business/client areas, uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate, and analyze data for use, and implements solutions that improve business productivity. May assist working with senior analyst or team lead in larger scale and complex technology initiatives.
- Consults with functional areas to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect and results of system problems. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, work flow procedures, and data modeling. Build good working relationship with clients; readily resolve issues.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation, coordinates and or performs testing of system modifications, both validated and non-validated systems. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools and materials. Involved with the Business System Owners, Site BTS Leads, and Site Operations Managers regarding planning/scheduling and resource allocation.
- When required develops Project Charter, project plans, project work plan (WBS), process maps and all other project and quality deliverables determined by project needs. Ensure projects/ tasks completed within time and budget constraints. Document and mitigate technology deployment project issues and risks. Effectively monitor and control project scope and budget. Escalate when appropriate to management. Communicate project progress to all appropriate stakeholders proactively.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems and data. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
- Works as Liaison with business representatives, gathers Business requirements from user discussions and translates into IT requirements. Identifies business/system needs and partner with IT teams in identifying a solution. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Partners with business to analyze processes and needs, and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Partner with Vendor Relationship Manager, accountable for supplier assessment, compliance and fitment evaluation per Corporate and BTS Policies, Procedures.
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years technical experience, or Masters degree plus 4 years experience.
- Experience in a Business System Analyst role.
- Systems Testing and IT Implementation. experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Engineering experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.