Associate Director, Compliance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Compliance is primarily responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership at an enterprise level to AbbVie business units and stakeholders, working collaboratively with other AbbVie OEC functions and supporting various business units, including Commercial Analytics and Operations (CA&O). This position is responsible for evaluating existing and newly proposed business strategies and programs, identifying and mitigating areas of potential legal and regulatory risk, and partnering with Legal and other functions to design and deliver innovative and compliant solutions to the business. The position is also responsible for setting the OEC’s communication strategy, designing and delivering impactful messaging, and coordinating effectively with other communications functions across AbbVie.
- Partner with multiple business functions and stakeholders, including Commercial Analytics & Operations (CA&O), to provide OEC and functional strategic and operational compliance guidance.
- Provide leadership, project development & vision, and guidance on key strategic projects. Must see the big picture to provide analysis, develop advice, and guidance to ensure executional excellence. Serves as communications and alignment liaison between relevant functions.
- Identify and manage compliance implications of novel enterprise wide initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of long-term OEC strategic plans to support the continual enhancement of AbbVie’s compliance program.
- Provide regular updates to leadership and stakeholders on progress of OEC strategic initiatives.
- Conduct complex policy and procedure reviews and updates related to OEC policy and functional procedures to ensure clarity, applicability, and compliance.
- Partner with various OEC teams to ensure coordination and alignment across all compliance functions.
- Provide support for compliance audits when necessary, such as overseeing the fulfillment of auditors’ requests and acting as a liaison between the business and auditors during on-site activities.
- Possess in-depth working knowledge of AbbVie’s business, internal policies and procedures, general industry practices, as well as the external risk environment.
- Capable of building and leading high-performing teams.
Position Accountability / Scope
Reports to Director, Strategic & Executional Excellence, OEC Operations. Operates with autonomy and limited supervision. Executes successfully on business goals and objectives and ensures alignment across stakeholders. Strategically partners with Legal, Regulatory and other areas of OEC.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree(s) preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, audit, legal, medical or regulatory affairs or finance. Previous pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong leadership competencies and operates independently with autonomy and limited supervision.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to build and strengthen relationships with peers and cross-functional partners to enable higher performance.
- Strong work ethic and proven track record of closing out initiatives successfully.
- Percent of Travel: 5%
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.